The film days Nordic Film Focus will this time be held in collaboration with Reykjavík Feminist Film Festival during 16-19 January.
The program in The Nordic House puts focus on Nordic female film directors and identity as a topic. Newly, Nordic films will be screened and a discussion will be facilitated with the directors and other representatives of the films. Among films will be a brand new Faroese film, Ábyrgd, and the Finnish film Maria‘s paradise (Marian paratiisi), which was premiered last October.
Nordic Film Focus is an annual collaboration between The Nordic House and the Nordic embassies in Iceland.
Friday 17 January
- 18:30 – Responsibility/Ábyrgd (Faroe Islands). Director: Katrin Joensen-Næs. World premiere. The director gives a speech at the beginning.
- 19:30-21:30 – «Networking party – Nordic reception» Hosted by The Nordic House in Reykjavík and The Nordic embassies in Iceland. Short talks by hosts and guests of the Reykjavík Feminist Film Festival and Nordic Film Focus.
- 21:30 – Maria’s Paradise/ Marian paratiisi (Finland). Director: Zaida Bergroth. An interview before the film with Satu-Tuuli Karhu, an actress in a leading role.
Saturday 18 January
- 13:00 – Anori (Greenland). Director: Pipaluk Kreutzmann-Jørgensen. The director will attend the screening.
- 15:00 – What Will People Say/Hva vil folk si (Norway). Director: Iram Haq.
- 17:00-18:00: Discussion with Nordic female filmmaker: Identity in films and in the film industry (in English). Nordic filmmakers discuss these issues among themselves and with the audience. The discussion will shed light on some of the films shown during Nordic Film Focus in the Nordic House 17-18 January.
- 18:30 – Queen of Hearts (Denmark). Director: May el-Toukhy.
- 21:00 – Beyond Dreams (Sweden). Director: Roida Sekersöz.