Do you need funding for a Nordic cultural project?
If you are in the process of developing a promising idea for a Nordic cultural project, we can help you. The Nordic House offers guidance for those applying for funding through Nordic Culture Point, a cultural institution operated by the Nordic Council of Ministers.
Contact Þórunn Stefánsdóttir for more information, thorunnst (at) nordichouse.is
Nordic Culture Point
Nordic Culture Point administers the following funding programmes:
- Mobility Funding is intended to cover some travel expenses (for trips no longer than 10 days) for professional artists or cultural workers within Nordic and/or Baltic countries. 4 application rounds a year.
- Culture and Art programme funds individual, group and institutional projects within all areas of art and culture, in all project phases. The project must be a cooperation between at least 3 countries, 2 of them Nordic. 2 application rounds a year.
- NORDBUK supports projects or networks that consist of cultural, political or social activities where children and young people up to the age of 30 participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the project. The project must be a collaboration between at least 3 Nordic partners. 3 application rounds a year.
- Volt supports projects whose main target is children and young people up to the age of 25. The program focuses on Nordic languages and children/youth cooperation in the Nordic countries. The project must take place in a Nordic country and be a collaboration between at least 3 different Nordic countries. 1 application round a year.
- Network funding (short-term/long-term) supports cultural exchange between professional artists and cultural workers in the Nordic and the Baltic countries. 2 application rounds a year (short-term network funding) or 1 application round a year (long-term network funding). The project must take place in a Nordic country and be a collaboration between at least 3 different Nordic countries.
Other Nordic funding programmes
The Nordic Culture Fund administers the following funding programmes:
- Project Funding supports Nordic projects that contribute to an innovative and dynamic artistic and cultural scene in the Nordic Region. The project must be a collaboration between at least 3 Nordic countries. 3 application rounds a year.
- Upstart supports the start-up phase of new Nordic projects as well as promising project ideas with a clear development perspective. Applications can be submitted at any time (response within 20 days).
- Puls (2017-2021) Puls is a network of Nordic venues and festivals that seeks to bring musical experiences of high artistic quality to a wider Nordic public.
- Globus The Nordic Culture Fund is launching a new five-year program in 2020-2024, designed to give artists and cultural players new opportunities to seek funding support for projects that extend beyond the Nordic region.