Are you interested in working as a Mediator of Arts and Culture?
The Nordic House in Reykjavik is a well-established venue for Nordic art, culture, language and public discussion. We focus on sustainability in every aspect of our operation. We aim for carbon neutrality and we emphasise equality and diversity. We offer a bold and relevant year-round programme that centres on art, literature and societal issues.
As a specialist in art and cultural communication to children and youth in the Nordic House, you will become part of the development of new services, in a diverse cultural environment. You will convey Nordic arts and culture to children and youth in Icelandic surroundings. The position is creative, independent, and flexible, and you will get great professional and personal development opportunities.
- Relevant education within arts and culture.
- Pedagogical education and/or experience with pedagogical work with children and youth.
- The work language is Icelandic, Nordic, and English, it is therefore important that you are flexible in regard to language.
- You bring knowledge and insight into children’s and youth’s art and cultural communication.
- Have a good sense of creative solutions and can bring ideas to life.
- Have digital flair and be well versed in technology and social media.
- Be industrious, independent, and well organized.
- Plan and execute thematic programs (in odd genres) for children and youth, with starting points in exhibitions, literary works, and Nordic co-operation.
- Produce materials for schools and children
- Be a host for children and youth groups visiting the Nordic House.
- Work across departments and participate in house projects and daily work.
The period of employment is from 4.1-31.12-2021 and is a full-time position (100%). Further information about the position is obtainable from Erling Kjærbo, Head Librarian, at 8596100. Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline 6.12.2020