Do you want to play in Vatnsmýrin?
The concert series Pikknikk is one of the Nordic House’s most popular happenings and a regular event in the building’s cultural calendar. The concert series takes place in the beautiful setting around the Nordic House, in the greenhouse in the summertime, and it attracts both Icelandic and foreign music enthusiasts. Admission is free to all concerts and it is very popular to sit on the grass outside the greenhouse and enjoy some refreshments while music becomes one with nature.
Now we have opened for applications to the concert series Pikknikk in summer 2018.
We are looking for:
– Music that is easy to perform outdoors without a great sound system.
– Musicians who are good at talking to their audience and introduce their songs.
– Music that appeals to both Icelanders and tourists
– A musician/band that can perform their music in limited space.
– Music with a Nordic connection. This is a plus but is not required.
If you are interested in playing on the Picknick concert series in 2018, please send an email to the manager of the concerts, Mikael Lind, before the March 30th, 2018. The application should include a brief description of the musician/band, a link with examples of music or music videos. All selected participants are paid for their concerts.
The Nordic House Pikknikk concert series