The association of Norwegians in Iceland invites to a celebration of May 17th in the Nordic House with orchestra, parade, national costumes, sausages, ice cream, soda and coffee. A warm welcome to every one!
Program for the day
9:30 Fossvogur cemetary and Nauthólsvik
- Word on the day and laying down of a wreath by the Norwegian ambassador Cecilie Landsverk at the memorial to the Norwegians who fell in the service of peace in and at Iceland during the Second World War.
- Marking at the memorial at Nauthólsvik afterwards.
10:30 The Nordic House
- May 17th for children and adults in the Nordic House. Sale of sausages, ice cream, soda and coffee.
- 10:30 – 12:00: Games for children
- 12:30 – 13:00: Communal singing
- Film screening for children
- We will be showing pictures from May 17th in Reykjavik from 1945 plus a video of May 17th in Reykjavik from 1953.
- You can buy May 17th products
- NB!! Bring cash if you want to buy food, drinks or May 17th products.
- AALTO bistro will be open as usual, where you can buy a brunch consisting of herb omelet with feta, parma ham or smoked salmon, fresh fruits, green salad, fresh baked bread, tuna fish salad, yoghurt with rhubarb-raspberry sauce and homemade muesli.
13:15 Kópavogur school corps will be playing
13:30 May 17th procession The procession will walk from the Nordic House to the cathedral, where there will be a Norwegian service.