Vagninn is an interactive food event exploring immigration in new ways
Vagninn welcomes you to a food /performance event that envisions Icelandic society through food. We offer special variations to the Icelandic pylsa, inspired by the different cultures living in Iceland today – all rolled into an immersive food experience.
Vagninn is an attempt to increase the flow of ideas and knowledge between the different cultural groups that inhabit Iceland and to do so in a lively and entertaining way.
This event is a part of the exhibition Af stað! // Go! that will be in the Nordic House from December 1st – January 12th.
- Note the event is around 100 minutes long and accommodates 24 guests.
- Ticket price: 1670 ISK – a three course meal is included in the price.
- Remember to book a ticket on tix.is
- Vegan? Vegan meal options are available if requested via email@example.com
- All meals are prepared by a professional chef and kitchen staff, but we want to remind you that eating at Vagninn is at your own risk.
- Please be sure to inform us via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any food allergies!
- Age limit is 18 years.
The group behind Vagninn consists of:
Sonja Kovacevic – concept and director
Audrone Satkute – chef and food styling
Eleni Podara – art director
Rebekka A. Ingimundardóttir – dramaturgy and concept supervision
Steindór Grétar Kristinsson – music
Aðalborg Birta Sigurðardóttir – Vagninn logo
Elfa Ýr Þórisdóttir – graphic design
We want to thank the Icelandic Ministry of Education, Science and Culture and Theater Council for funding this project.