Discussions on whaling in Iceland from different perspectives, including ecosystem services of whales, ethical and nature rights issues, nature protection and sustainability, as well as biodiversity.
Speakers and panel members:
- Ralph Chami, Assistant Director, International Monetary Fund
- Árni Finnsson, Chair of Board, Iceland Nature Conservation Association
- Helga Hvanndal Björnsdóttir, Nordic Youth Biodiversity Network
- Kristín Vala Ragnarsdóttir, Professor of Sustainability Science, Institute of Earth Sciences, University of Iceland
- Edda Elísabet Magnúsdóttir, Assistant Professor of Biology, School of Education, University of Iceland
- Henry Alexander Henryson, Ethics Institute, University of Iceland
- Halldóra Jónsdóttir, Medical Dotors Against Environmental Disasters
- Micah Garen & Anahita Babaei, filmmakers
- Hafdís Hanna Ægisdóttir, Director of Institute of Sustainability Studies, University of Iceland
- Heiða Kristín Helgadóttir, entrepreneur.
Moderator: Katrín Oddsdóttir, lawyer.
Music performed by Högni Egilsson.
The event takes place in English and is organised in a collaboration of the Iceland Nature Conservation Association, the Nordic House and the Institute of Sustainability Studies, University of Iceland.
Light refreshments will be offered after the event.