To whale or not to whale?
Discussions on whaling in Iceland from different perspectives, including ecosystem services of whales, ethical and nature rights issues, nature protection and sustainability, as well as biodiversity.
Speakers and panel members:
- Ralph Chami, Assistant Director, International Monetary Fund
- Árni Finnsson, Chair of Board, Iceland Nature Conservation Association
- Helga Hvanndal Björnsdóttir, Nordic Youth Biodiversity Network
- Kristín Vala Ragnarsdóttir, Professor of Sustainability Science, Institute of Earth Sciences, University of Iceland
- Edda Elísabet Magnúsdóttir, Assistant Professor of Biology, School of Education, University of Iceland
- Henry Alexander Henryson, Ethics Institute, University of Iceland
- Halldóra Jónsdóttir, Medical Dotors Against Environmental Disasters
- Micah Garen & Anahita Babaei, filmmakers
- Hafdís Hanna Ægisdóttir, Director of Institute of Sustainability Studies, University of Iceland
- Heiða Kristín Helgadóttir, entrepreneur.
Moderator: Katrín Oddsdóttir, lawyer.
Music performed by Högni Egilsson.
The event takes place in English and is organised in a collaboration of the Iceland Nature Conservation Association, the Nordic House and the Institute of Sustainability Studies, University of Iceland.
Light refreshments will be offered after the event.